Giving gifts can be so hard to do, especially if you are trying to find a gift for a DIY girl like me. I promise we don’t mean to be difficult! We just know what we like and tend to figure out how to make the things we want. With that said, don’t worry! I’ve put together some of my favorite things in order to create a gift guide for the home improvement girl.
Fill up Her Closet by Gifting Clothes
A girl has got to be comfy when tackling DIY projects. You have to be able to move around, lift heavy things, and sometimes get yourself out of some pretty weird positions. So I’ve deemed DIY athleisurewear a thing, because everyone needs clothes that allow them to tackle projects. Here are some clothing ideas that you could gift your home improvement girl to use for project-ing or to wear around town.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings are a surefire way to guarantee your home improvement girl feels comfortable and confident at the same time. They are ultra-comfortable and highlight all the right curves.
- Spanx Faux Patent Leather Leggings is a new take on your favorite faux leather legging. It’s designed with a hidden contoured waistband and sleek smoothing fabric. You can totally dress it up or down with its high shine and you will turn heads. I love wearing these leggings when I am feeling extra sassy.
- Lululemon Align High Rise Pant is the ultimate style of leggings for feeling really, really comfortable. I’ve had my pair of Lululemon leggings for a while so when I went to share them with you, I found out they don’t carry them anymore. This style I linked is similar to the pair I have. It has a really cool hidden waistband pocket that will help keep things out of your girl’s hands while she’s tackling her DIY dreams.
- Maeve Wide Leg Corduroy Pants are perfect for when your home improvement girl wants to get out of those leggings and dress up a bit.
- CRZ Yoga Women’s Quick Dry Running Shorts have a feathery-fit fabric with a stretchy mesh brief inner liner that offers extra coverage. The internal waistband pocket is perfect for stashing small items as well as the side zip pocket. I also love that they are light and breathable.
- Free People’s The Way Home Shorts are a breezy running-style pair of shorts. I love the stretch waistband that gives a high-rise silhouette. And the split-hem of the shorts is super cute! These shorts come in a wide variety of colors so pick your home improvement girl’s favorite color and you’ll be set!
- Free People’s Good Karma Running Shorts are super soft and perfect for your DIYer to wear at any time. These shorts perfectly transition from projects, to working out, and picking up the kids at carpool.
- Next Level Cali Crop is extremely comfortable. It is so so soft! The bottom hem and sleeves have a cropped raw edge detail which your girl is going to love.
- Free People We The Free Perfect Tee is also a sleeved crop top. What makes it different is the cuffed short sleeves and cropped silhouette. It is the perfect essential for any wardrobe. I may or may not have this shirt in a few colors.
- Mippo Flowy Crop Tank has a roomy feel that is flowy. It is very comfortable and light-weight. Plus its stretchy and moisture-wicking fabric offers all-day comfort which is what your girl is going to want when she’s wrapped up in a DIY project.
- Free People Happiness Runs Crop is a seamless cropped compression rib tank. It can be worn with or without a bra. It is perfect for keeping you comfortable while you a getting your projects done.
- Lululemon Align Tank has so many amazing features. The cropped tank is made in the most buttery soft fabric that it makes me want to wear it all the time! It has a built-in shelf bra so you don’t have to worry about layers. The best part is that the tank comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns. If your DIYer is anything like me, you might want to grab a few Align tanks because it is so hard to choose just one color.
- Nike Blazer ‘77 Vintage has a timeless design that’s easy to wear. They feel a little retro but also go with any outfit your girl puts together. I wear these shoes all the time!
- Chuck Taylor All-Star Classic was the OG basketball shoe and has been worn by athletes, artists, musicians, and now DIYers everywhere. There is just something about this shoe that sends me back to middle school but also makes me feel like I can conquer any DIY project that I dream up.
- Chuck Taylor All-Star Lift Sneaker has a lightweight canvas upper with the traditional Chuck Taylor rubber sole. This style does run a little bit big. So, consider sizing down when you grab your pair to gift.
- Nike Air Force 1 Shadow is my new favorite pair of shoes! The blush color makes me feel a little bit girlie while wearing tennis shoes that will keep me stylishly safe while conquering projects. All of us DIY girls need a little bit of flair.
- Nike Air Force 1 High SE is a modern shoe style that celebrates the original high flyer, but is even better this time around. Who says you can’t be stylish while you are working on your projects?
- Nike Air Force 1 Sculpt checks off all of the boxes. They are sleek, soft, and sculpted to be a premium spin on the icon. The perfect accessory for working on a home project.
- Nike SB Zoom Blazer Mid is a cross between the traditional Nike style and a perfect skate shoe. These shoes will be great for DIY projects because they are comfortable as well as stylin’.
- Roxy Women’s Extra Innings Adjustable Hat is another one of my favorite must-haves. When I put on my hat, it only means one thing…it’s time to get to business!
- Smiling Face Beanie makes me happy. The smiley is a fun detail and will help your DIY girl to find happiness even when a project might be going differently than planned.
- Carhartt Knit Cuffed Beanie is great for when you are doing a project, but you don’t always have time to get all the way ready. This beanie will be perfect when your home improvement girl just wants to jump into her DIY projects and get going.
The other must-have is my stylish pair of safety glasses. Who says safety glasses have to be ugly? When I am rocking my cute safety glasses I feel way cooler with some extra sass.
I can just imagine your DIY dreamer opening up a pair of cute safety glasses and loving it. I bet she’ll know exactly which piece of wood she will cut first while wearing them.
Round Out Her Tool Kit
I get asked all the time what tools I use. While it took me a while to build up my tool collection, there are 5 go-to tools that will help your home improvement girl tackle almost any project she dreams up!
- Miter Saw: This guy can handle any cut, but it is on the more expensive end. Here is a more affordable option that you could gift your DIYer.
- Nail Gun: I use a nail gun almost every project! It speeds things up and makes DIYing more manageable. Your home improvement girl will be speechless when your gift her this.
- Drill/Driver: A drill or driver is a must have for every home. It’s one the the true basics. If you are looking for a gift for someone that is just starting their DIY journey this would be perfect!
- Sander: No way I could sand project by hand and most likely your home improvement enthusiast can’t either. Having a sander is a serious game-changer!
- Kreg Jig: A Kreg jig is helpful with furniture building or any projects that need hidden pocket holes. Here are a few other affordable options too – single, clamp set
Add to Her Home Decor
Home decor is another great idea for your DIYer. I mean, who doesn’t love something pretty? When it comes to home decor I love picking things up here and there, but I’ve got a few favorite go-to places I love to shop. You can’t go wrong with Target, McGee & Co, CB2, Wayfair, Crate & Barrel, and Serena &Lily. Here’s some home decor items I know your DIY girl would totally be happy to recieve as a gift, because I would be too!
- French Country Wall Mirror is absolutely gorgeous! From greeting visitors in the entryway to checking her look right before she heads outside for the day, this mirror from Threshold™ is going to bring function and style to your home improvement girl’s home.
- Rounded Rectangular Mirror is a sleek design from Studio McGee that you can find at Target. Your DIY dreamer is going to love the combination of utility and gentle style from the larger size and soft, rounded corners.
- Rugs from the Angela Rose x Loloi Collections would be the perfect surprise gift! Whether your girl likes modern rugs, cozy rugs, or would prefer something more versatile, my collections have something for everyone.
- Faux Plants are also another great gift idea. If your home improvement girl is anything like me, she can build anything but may not have a green thumb. There are so many options out there so check out my blog post about the best faux plants and my other post on how to make them look realistic.
Add a Personal Touch
The thing about DIY, is that you create projects for everyone to enjoy. Although your home improvement girl loves creating, she would also really enjoy something special just for her. Here are a few gift ideas that she can keep to herself.
- Lash Idôle Mascara is my absolute favorite mascara. I always get asked about what I use on my lashes and this is it! Any girl, DIYer or not, will love receiving this makeup item.
- Zoe Rectangular Necklace is a unique piece of jewelry. You can choose between 20 different stamp designs so that you can design a one-of-a-kind necklace for your home improvement girl. Instead of Do-It-Yourself, you can tell her you Designed-It-Yourself.
- Everywhere Belt Bag is something every home improvement girl needs. It’s easy for those grab-and-go situations when you have to head back to the store to get something for the project you hadn’t anticipated.
- Luminex Whitening Strips I swear by these whitening strips. They don’t hurt my teeth and let me show off my smile when I am super pumped about a project reveal.
- Checkered Buttery Blanket would be the best thing to cuddle up with at the end of a long project day! The texture is so buttery soft that it is a must-have. You might as well buy one for your home improvement girl and one for yourself.
Gift Wrapping Idea and Bonus Gift
There’s something about us DIY girls that you probably know all too well…we can be a little EXTRA especially when it comes down to details. If you want to be a little extra for your girl, try wrapping up your gift in a crate or basket that you know she can use to organize around the house later on. She will not only love the gift, but she will also love the wrapping, and the detail and thought you put into finding her the perfect gift.
Gift Guide For The Home Improvement Girl
Well…it’s that time! Get your shopping carts ready as you pick your favorites from this gift guide for the home improvement girl. I cannot wait to see how much your DIY girl loves her gift! For more DIY fun, hang out with me on Instagram and TikTok. I am always working on something!